Forum for African Women Educationalists of Zambia (FAWEZA), is a gender justice nationwide membership Non-Governmental Organization. FAWEZA is an affiliate of the Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE); a Pan-African NGO network existing in 33 African Countries. FAWEZA aims to promote gender equity and equality through education by advocating for policies and actions promoting girls’ education. With prompt start up, FAWEZA in partnership with World Vision Zambia with Funding from European Union in Zambia seeks to recruit a high caliber and result-oriented District Project Officer for a fixed three-year period for a project called Urban and Rural Programme for Learners’ Inclusion, Foundation and Transformation through Education Action – UPLIFT project. The overall goal of the UPLIFT- Education project is to contribute to the empowerment of children and youth in Zambia through increased access to inclusive and quality education. The successful applicant will be based in Lundazi district of Eastern Province. The project will be implemented by two organisations namely: World Vision Zambia and FAWEZA.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the District Project Coordinator will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Lead the Coordination, Planning, Implementation, monitoring and Reporting of project activities at district level in close collaboration with the project’s management team.
- Promote age appropriate CSE, SRHR, and SGBV information for in school children
- Coordinate implementation of multi-level bursaries and support associated activities such as Safe Clubs; Financial Literacy Clubs and Transit Schools
- Coordinate the rehabilitation and equipping of ECED centres
- Mobilize community leaders and establish community structures with a view of increasing their capacity to effectively support Learning roots, children’s development and protection needs.
- Participate in DDCC Planning and review meetings and other relevant stakeholder meetings.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Public Health, Social work, Education, preferably with a bias in Education, project planning and management, gender, or social development.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in programme management.
- Understanding and up-to-date knowledge of theories, concepts and approaches to programme development, education, gender and management.
- Experience in working with international funding organizations and a good knowledge of NGOs and other local development agencies.
- Willingness to travel extensively to project sites within the district.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the project.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals and resolve problems.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the project.
HOW TO APPLY
FAWEZA is an equal opportunity employer. If interested please apply by email only attaching your detailed CV (without attaching certificates at this stage) to the Executive Director, FAWEZA, P O Box 37695, Plot 6680 Chiwalamabwe Road, Olympia, LUSAKA to; email@example.com not later than 13th February, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.